Many bulk bag unloaders available in the marketplace require forklift assistance to lift and position bags onto the unloader for emptying. The Bagstander bulk bag unloader with integral hoist, available from UniTrak, eliminates the need for a forklift.
Unloading bulk bags filled with materials can be a process fraught with safety hazards. Safe unloading requires a sound and dependable way to elevate and position the filled bag for emptying. Once positioned, a filled bulk bag can be then safely untied and emptied in a controlled manner, allowing the contents to be moved on to downstream processes.
BAGSTANDER BULK BAG UNLOADER WITH INTEGRAL HOIST: FEATURES
The Bagstander bulk bag unloader with integral hoist completes the Bagstander line of unloaders that enable bulk bags to be emptied safely and quickly. This model has a hoist built into the unit for lifting and positioning bags onto the unloader. Filled bags may be brought to the unloader by pallet truck and stored ready for lifting directly onto the unit via the hoist. This feature eliminates the process downtime sometimes incurred with unloaders that lack a hoist, when operators have to wait for a forklift to become available to lift bags onto the unloader. It also increases forklift availability, meaning that forklifts are no longer tied up raising and positioning bags.
Like the other models in the Bagstander lineup, the model with integral hoist has the following features:
- Heavy-duty construction, performance-engineered for safe, reliable unloading. Each Bagstander unloader is custom engineered for each application and constructed from heavy-gauge square tubing, with footplates lagged to the floor. This provides a rock solid and immovable way to safely handle and unload bulk bags.
- Design and operation giving operator safety and ergonomics. Bagstander unloaders come equipped with unique hooked-loop retainers on the detachable lifting frame, making it impossible for the loops to slip or slide once engaged. The lifting frame assures positive, accurate, safe positioning of a filled bag every time. Once the bag is in place, it is fully caged within Bagstander’s frame and safely secured at the top, fully supported by the unit’s hopper.
- Iris valve for controlled discharge. Bagstander unloaders come supplied with an aluminum body iris valve, standard in every unit. This iris valve is designed with polyurethane-coated nylon diaphragm that allows material to flow from the bag under operator control. Operators need never come into contact with the product during unloading.
- Optional slide gates for regulated emptying. Often, the unloading process does not require the complete emptying of the bag. Bagstander units incorporate a Slide Gate Valve which allows the operator to stop the material flow when required. Load cells can also be added to measure the amount of material discharged.
- Adjustable bottom and top frames to accommodate different height bags. Bagstander units feature a design which support a greater than 16” total bag size range adjustment, should your bulk bags vary in height. Overall height dimension will increase beyond the 141” dimension stated.
- Design flexibility that supports full application tailoring. Describe your application and UniTrak will design a Bagstander unloader to accommodate your process line’s requirements—including integration with standard screw conveyors or feeders, aeromechanical and flexible screw conveyors, bucket elevators, as required. If your application requires it, Bagstander units can be factory-fitted with a vibrator to ensure the complete, waste-free emptying of bulk bags. And, if you receive your materials in bulk bags and 50-pound sacks, UniTrak has a Bagstander solution that can accommodate both types with integral Bag Dump Station.
To find out more about the full Bagstander lineup and the Bagstander bulk bag unloader with integral hoist, please contact our sales team for further assistance.